Friday, February 20, 2009

cymbidium



I have started drawing again after a long drought... back to botanicals. My friend Ros and I have been encouraging each other along with projects set so we keep on drawing. I ordered some brushes from the UK which arrived and are really nice to use, Kalinsky brand, made in Germany. So I got to work the other day with a cymbidium, sketching then painting. Its a photograph of the painting, so its not the best quailty for the colours, but I was still happy with the result and will keep on going with the "scientific" style of drawing and painting. I read a great book on Margaret Mee {link to her website on bottom right} and was so inspired to go trekking through the amazon in search of rare or previously unclassified flowers! But sketching in the comfort of my lounge room will have to do for now....

1 comment:

Nomadic said...

Very talented, it looks so real